2460 W Andrew Johnson Hwy Greeneville, TN 37743
ReStore (423) 638-3838 Office (423) 638-1338
How Do I Qualify to become a Habitat Homeowner?
- Qualifying is Based on Demonstrated Need for Adequate Shelter:
- Low Income/High Housing Cost
- Unsafe Dwelling
- Unsafe Neighborhood
- Overcrowded Conditions
- Dwelling is not Accessible to meet needs of a person with a disability
- Currently in Transitional Housing or Homeless
- Potential Homeowner must Verify Ability to Pay Mortgage
- Must be Willing to Partner with Habitat and earn 500 "Sweat Equity" Hours with the Help from Friends, Family, Churches, etc. Examples of how to Help Earn "Sweat Equity" Hours:
- Work on your house and other Habitat Building Projects
- Attend Homebuyer Education classes/meetings and make a commitment to maintain your new home
- Attend Budgeting, Construction, and Home Maintenance classes
- Encourage your kids! Their good grades help earn "Sweat Equity" time
- Volunteer to work with Habitat Special Events
- Volunteer at the Habitat ReStore or Administrative Office
Habitat Houses are affordable because they are built by volunteers working with the future homebuyers. The house is financed with a 0% interest mortgage for 20 years.
Potential Homeowners must have sufficient, reliable, and verifiable income to pay the monthly mortgage payment including utilities and an acceptable credit history. There must be no current judgements. Income limits vary by family and their size, first time homeowners only.
Below are the HUD Median Income Reporting Guidelines for Greene County, Tennessee. The total family median income can not exceed the totals listed below, for the year 2017:
|Number That Will Live in Home
For more information, your can reach us at:
423 638-1338 (Office)
423 972-3921 (Cell)
2460 West Andrew Johnson Hwy.
Greeneville, TN 37743
We look forward to hearing from you! Come check out our Habitat ReStore!
© 2017 Habitat for Humanity® International. All rights reserved. "Habitat for Humanity®" is a registered service mark owned
by Habitat for Humanity International. Habitat® is a service mark of Habitat for Humanity International.
Habitat for Humanity® International is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization.
Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Habitat for Humanity International shall make every effort to use funds as designated; nevertheless, under the
direction of the board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity International retains complete control
over the use and distribution of donated funds in furtherance of its mission.