2460 W Andrew Johnson Hwy Greeneville,
TN 37743 ReStore (423) 638-3838 Office (423) 638-1338
How Do I Qualify to become a Habitat Homeowner?
- Qualifying is Based on Demonstrated Need for Adequate Shelter:
- Low Income/High Housing Cost
- Unsafe Dwelling
- Unsafe Neighborhood
- Overcrowded Conditions
- Dwelling is not Accessible to meet needs of a person with a disability
- Currently in Transitional Housing or Homeless
- Potential Homeowner must Verify Ability to Pay Mortgage
- Must be Willing to Partner with Habitat and earn 500 "Sweat Equity" Hours with the Help from Friends, Family, Churches, etc. Examples of how to Help Earn "Sweat Equity" Hours:
- Work on your house and other Habitat Building Projects
- Attend Homebuyer Education classes/meetings and make a commitment to maintain your new home
- Attend Budgeting, Construction, and Home Maintenance classes
- Encourage your kids! Their good grades help earn "Sweat Equity" time
- Volunteer to work with Habitat Special Events
- Volunteer at the Habitat ReStore or Administrative Office
Habitat Houses are affordable because they are built by volunteers working with the future homebuyers. The house is financed with a 0% interest mortgage for 20 years.
Potential Homeowners must have sufficient, reliable, and verifiable income to pay the monthly mortgage payment including utilities and an acceptable credit history. There must be no current judgements. Income limits vary by family and their size, first time homeowners only.
Below are the HUD Median Income Reporting Guidelines for Greene County, Tennessee. The total family income can not exceed the amounts listed:
For more information, your can reach us at:
423 638-1338 (Office)
423 972-3921 (Cell)
2460 West Andrew Johnson Hwy.
Greeneville, TN 37743
We look forward to hearing from you! Come check out the Habitat ReStore!
© 2011 Habitat for Humanity® International.
All rights reserved. "Habitat for Humanity®" is a registered
service mark owned by Habitat for Humanity International. Habitat®
is a service mark of Habitat for Humanity International.